The GT model of the Cartek battery isolator is suited for most applications where you are using a stock or modified chassis harness and stock ECU. If you have a standalone ECU and/or PDM, then have a look at the XR model.
The GT Battery Isolator (CK-BG-06-B) from CARTEK is a very small and highly reliable alternative to the traditional mechanical master-switch. It has been designed to overcome all of the problems and restrictions associated with mechanical and electro/mechanical safety cut-outs.
- Fully electronic with no moving parts
- Totally sealed against water and dirt
- Completely resistant to shock and vibration
- Fully integrated with built in alternator run down circuitry – No extra components required
- Driver operation by a single internal ON-OFF button/switch
- External operation by single or multiple ‘strike’ button(s)
- Buttons / switches connected to Isolator using light weight wiring
- Mounts close to battery for reduced cabling
- Very small and weighs just 140g
Additional external buttons can be found here.
Specifications for the CK-BG-06:
Size: L = 92mm, W = 50mm.
Battery negative terminal: M8 stud.
Positive power terminals: M6 stud.
Operational Voltage: 7v – 18v.
Current consumption: 50mA ON, 7mA OFF
Battery negative switching current: 600A cranking, 2000A surge
Positive power switching current: 30A.
Operating temperature: -10°C – +85°C.
Storage temperature: -40°C – +125°C
We recommend and stock kits with blue kill buttons. Typically the blue button is associated with electrical cutoff, whereas the red is associated with fire systems. However you can order a red button kit, message us to request these.
Add our MSW Race Car Safety Decals to your order for even better marking of your kill button locations.