M12x1.5 studs are used on the majority of BMWs from the E9X and earlier chassis. Later “F” chassis models typically use M14x1.5 nuts and studs.
These MSI wheel studs are the very same studs used by professional teams, where absolute strength and reliability can be the difference between winning and losing. We run these same studs on all the cars we build and support. These studs have run the 25 hour of Thunderhill and countless other long endurance races and have never let us down.
Choosing the correct length: As a general guideline, the 85.5mm studs will allow for up to a 15mm spacer on most wheels and the 74.5mm studs will allow for up to a 5mm. The 95.5mm studs are recommended for when a 20mm spacer is used. These fitments have been tested on E46 and E36 chassis with Apex, Forgeline, and BimmerWorld 17×9 wheels.
- Machined from aircraft quality alloy steel
- Undergo strict quality control procedures
- Finished with a baked-on HM-30 coating containing Teflon & Moly
- Twenty-four stock lengths available
- Custom lengths and configurations available upon request
- Easy sizing by part number reference
- Company ID
- Size/Part Number
- Lot manufacturing date for traceability and quality control
Installation: Install using high strength (red) thread locker. Only torque to 20 ft-lb into the hub. Use double nut method for installation, do not reuse these nuts to secure wheel.
Use: The coating on these studs allows for less wheel installation torque. We recommend a torque setting of 80 ft-lb when using both coated MSI studs and lug nuts. Always recheck your wheel torque after allowing the wheel to cool.