M12x1.5 studs are used on the majority of BMWs from the E9X and earlier chassis. Later “F” chassis models typically use M14x1.5 nuts and studs.
- Machined from aircraft quality alloy steel
- Undergo strict quality control procedures
- Finished with a baked-on HM-30 coating containing Teflon & Moly
- Twenty-four stock lengths available
- Custom lengths and configurations available upon request
- Easy sizing by part number reference
- Company ID
- Size/Part Number
- Lot manufacturing date for traceability and quality control
Installation: Install using high strength (red) thread locker. Only torque to 20 ft-lb into the hub. Use double nut method for installation, do not reuse these nuts to secure wheel.
Use: The coating on these studs allows for less wheel installation torque. We recommend a torque setting of 70 ft-lb when using both coated MSI studs and lug nuts. Always recheck your wheel torque after allowing the wheel to cool.