This lightweight clutch and flywheel solution is a great choice for those who want a performance setup, but still want a clutch they can use everyday on the streets. It has enough holding power and strength for stock power levels (S52, M52, M54, S54 and others) in every-day use and track driving.
These lightweight aluminum flywheels significantly lower the high rotating mass of your stock flywheel, allowing your engine to rev quicker. Makes shifting faster and rev-matching much easier. The addition of a sprung-hub clutch will reduce noise normally masked by the heavy stock dual-mass flywheel, which is more prevalent with a lightweight piece.
The JB Racing Flywheel
JB Racing is one of the best machine shops in the country, used by many professional race teams to do precision machining for engines and other driveline components. Their BMW flywheels are made with the same precision and quality that these teams rely on, unlike typical units on the market. Standard features include:
- CNC machined flywheel, zero-balanced to eliminate vibration
- Replaceable hardened steel clutch surface, bolted – not riveted on
- Heli-coil inserts for pressure plate don’t strip when clutch is replaced
- Factory starter ring gear
- Hardened steel gaul plate keeps the flywheel bolts from damaging flywheel
- Flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and dowel pins included
Sachs OEM Sprung Clutch
This JB Racing lightweight flywheel accepts a variety of stock and performance clutch packages. Our design addresses several concerns common to both street and track driven cars:
- Sprung hub – By adding a sprung hub disc, chatter and noise gained by adding a lightweight flywheel is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Sachs OEM Spec – smooth OEM feel, M3 spec clamp load (Additional options available on request, including Clutch Masters configurations to suit various needs)
Kit includes JB Racing aluminum lightweight flywheel, sachs clutch disc and pressure plate, and throw-out bearing. A pilot bearing, see related items, is never a bad idea.
Applications: Fits all 5-speed 6 cylinder E36 (323i, 325i, 328i, M3), E46 323i/325i/328i/330i 99-02, 97-99 Z3 2.8, and MZ3 98-02.
INSTALL NOTE: Install all discs with springs facing flywheel. Do not install this clutch disc as indicated on the disc itself, see the included instructions for clarification!
With clutch components from Europe