The GEAR INDICATOR from CARTEK is a dashboard mounted device that is designed to indicate to a driver the current selected transmission gear but also incorporates a sequential shift-light display which can indicate to a driver the optimum time to shift up a gear. The selected gear is indicated by a large, multi-colored, 7 segment numerical display while the shift-light function is displayed at the upper part of the unit by 8 multi-colored LEDs. These 8 LEDs form a display sequence that will commence at an engine speed prior to optimum and complete at precisely the optimum speed thereby giving the driver early indication to shift up before the rev limiter is reached or engine damage occurs. Not suitable for engines with older CDI Ignition systems.
- Configure the lower and upper RPM settings with or without the engine running. Engine only needs to be revved to 50% of max RPM if setting up with engine running, or manually input RPM values using Push Button at rear of Gear Indicator.
- Plug directly into the OBD2 Port – no additional wiring necessary. Gear Indicator (OBD2) receives Engine Speed and Road Speed data only.
- Displays Gear Number by calculating the ratio between Engine Speed and Road Speed (after completing Gear Learn process).
- Goes into standby mode when it detects the engine is off – therefore minimizes battery consumption when left plugged in.
- Select from 6 LED display patterns for the Shift Light sequence and 7 Gear Indicator Digit Colours
- Configure day and night brightness of the LEDs
- Fully sealed for open-cockpit cars and motorcycles.
The Gear Indicator (OBD2) will work on a wide range of cars equipped with an OBD2 Port. To check your car is compatible make sure your OBD port works of one of these OBD2 Protocols:
- SAE J1850-PWM
- SAE J1939
- ISO 9141
- ISO 14230
- ISO 15765-4