Free shipping to 48 continental US states*
Surpassing the stringent demands of the FIA 8862-2009 Advanced Racing Seat standard, the 129 series is Racetech’s no compromise professional motorsport seat. Adept at cradling Bathurst winners and most of the V8 Supercar competition, there is none better when it comes to comfort and safety. This is our lightweight Kevlar/carbon version, one of the lightest seats in the world to achieve FIA 8862-2009 homologation! CAD models are available on request. Side (RTB1009M) and back (RTB1006B) mounting brackets are included in purchase price.
* To comply with FIA 8862-2009, the 129 series seats must be back-mounted to the rollcage at shoulder level. Back-mounting can be achieved in a variety of ways, but for some basic guidelines, see instructions here. Back-mounting improves seat strength and stability during an impact, increases driver ‘feel’ and reduces driver fatigue, see the explanatory video here.
The cover is black fabric and fire-retardant. Back air port to allow ducting-in of driver-cooling air is standard.
- FIA homologated to 8862-2009 standards
- Latest HANS-compatible head restraint technology
- Air ducting at the lower back reduces driver core temperature
- Energy absorbing foam in critical areas
- Designed with back-fixing capability for increased safety and enhanced driver feel
- Personal foam inserts available for unsurpassed comfort
- 3D CAD model can be supplied (conditions apply)
Construction and Sizes Available:
Constructed entirely from a Kevlar/carbon-fiber weave, with clear gloss finish:
9129WHR – Standard
9129THR – Tall
9129WHR – Wide
9129WTHRL – Tall & Wide
Dimensions and Weights:
|Model||Material||FIA 8862||A||B||C||D||E||F||G||Mount Width||Shell Weight||Total Weight|
|dimensions in cm||weights in kg|
*Shipping Notes: Typically seats are drop shipped from RaceTech North America. Occasionally we have a few new models in stock and usually multiple used seats installed in cars in the shop. If you wish to try out a seat beforehand at our facility, just give us a call.