MSW’s Take: We’re big fans of these wheels. Super affordable for a fully forged wheel. Take way more track abuse than anything cast. We’ve converted most of our clients over to these wheels.
The TE:AL Forged Race Wheel utilizes the most advanced wheel design and manufacturing techniques available in the world. The TA16 model employs a traditional cross-spoke design with 16 attachment points and cutting edge features, extensive FEA, and advanced manufacturing processes to make the strongest, lightest wheel possible.
Weight: 18.95 ET22: 19.2lbs, 18×9.5 ET35: 18.7lbs, 18×10 ET25: 19.3lbs, 18×10 ET33: 19.5lbs, 18×10.5 ET27: 19.7lbs
- Ridged cross-spoke design and internal outer-barrel strengthening rib for ultimate strength, rigidity/camber stiffness, and durability
- Massive Caliper Clearance
- Pocketed center pad to minimize weight without compromising strength
- Machined from T6061 aluminum forgings, produced with an industry-leading 10,000 ton press for optimized grain flow
- Knurled bead seat to minimize tire slippage with higher-powered cars and under heavy braking
- Accepts BMW factory center cap (not included)
- Standard BMW hub bore size of 72.56mm (all except E39 5 series)
- Reverse mount
Wheels are also shot peened and heat treated for exacting strength and increased durability. The construction of the rear rim portion emphasizes extreme strength and quality to be used with super low profile tires and the thrashing typical of pounding curbs on a racetrack, or daily street obstacles.
TA16 wheels are tested according to DOT/SAE and JWL/VIA standards (certification only required when selling wheels in Japan). Torture tested and proven at all levels of competitive racing, including years of wheel-to-wheel (literally) IMSA pro racing.