MSW’s Take: We’ve tried a few different heat management solutions on our race cars and found that this wrap from DEI works best. In makes a significant difference to engine bay temps. We especially like it for working in the engine compartment when a car comes straight off the track.
Typical wrapping of SE46 headers requires only one roll with a little left over. The 1″ wide wrap is ideal for the tight bends of an exhaust header or manifold. We secure it in place using stainless steel safety wire.
DEI’s ORIGINAL Titanium™ exhaust wrap, with LR Technology, is made from pulverized lava rock, stranded into a fiber material and woven into a proprietary weave. Titanium wrap is engineered to be stronger than most wraps and more durable for improved thermal performance and reliability. Perfect for any automotive or motorcycle application!
- Withstands 1800˚F direct/2500˚F intermittent heat
- Promotes increased flow for improved performance
- Reduces temperature & vibration breakdown
- Extremely pliable for a tight and secure wrap
- DEI HT Silicone Coating not required
- Pre-wetting roll not necessary for wrapping
- Hi-tech carbon fiber look
- High resistance to abrasions, oil spills, temperatures and vibration breakdown
Note of Caution:
Wrap is not designed to be moved or removed after it has been heat cycled. After the fibers have been heated, they lose their initial flexibility. This does not reduce the thermal properties of the exhaust wrap. Be aware of this before you decide to remove the wrap. For this reason, you should avoid wrapping any flex-pipes or flex-joints.