MSW’s Take: We spent a long time trying out various types of hoses before finally finding this awesome hose. For your typical driver air and other interior ducting, using brake duct style hose is complete overkill. It’s heavier, less flexible, harder to cut, and more expensive. If you’re running air through the interior of your car for a driver cooling setup or to duct air to a drivetrain cooler, then this is what you need. We use this hose to route fresh ambient air to our Chillout installations and the back of our Racetech seats.
Light weight black propylene-ethylene elastomer hose reinforced with an internal polypropylene helix.
- Pliable helix can be formed to fit various applications
- Flexible, crush resistant, & compressible
- Certified to FMVSS 302 flame standards
- Great choice for heater/defroster & ventilation applications
- Inner spiral is made of plastic and can easily be cut with household scissors.
- Maintains its shape and flexibility in hot and cold environments. (-40F to 225F)
Available in both 3″ and 4″ IDs. 4″ is commonly used with Chillout Systems units. 3″ ID will slip over almost all NACA ducts found in race cars.
Sold by the foot.