The GEAR INDICATOR from CARTEK is a dashboard mounted device that is designed to indicate to a driver the current selected transmission gear but also incorporates a sequential shift-light display which can indicate to a driver the optimum time to shift up a gear. The selected gear is indicated by a large, multi-colored, 7 segment numerical display while the shift-light function is displayed at the upper part of the unit by 8 multi-colored LEDs. These 8 LEDs form a display sequence that will commence at an engine speed prior to optimum and complete at precisely the optimum speed thereby giving the driver early indication to shift up before the rev limiter is reached or engine damage occurs. Not suitable for engines with older CDI Ignition systems.
- Configure the lower and upper RPM settings with or without the engine running. Engine only needs to be revved to 50% of max RPM if setting up with engine running, or manually input RPM values using Push Button at rear of Gear Indicator.
- Select from 6 LED display patterns for the Shift Light sequence and 7 Gear Indicator Digit Colors
- Configure day and night brightness of the LEDs
- Gear detection through RPM and Road speed signals, or through analogue signal input for Sequential Gearboxes.
- Fully sealed for open-cockpit cars and motorcycles.
- Additional RPM filter setting available designed for Historic applications