CAE Ultra Shifter – Optimized for motor sports with the following features:
- Universal kit for vehicles with 5 and 6 speed Getrag and ZF transmissions, standard H-pattern or Dog Leg.
- Short and super-precise shifting travel, exclusively H-pattern.
- The coupling system remains in its original form.
- Racing-style appearance.
- Characterized by its optimal ergonomics with a focus on motor sports: perfect positioning of the shift lever close to the steering wheel. The shift pattern is confined to approx. 65 x 65 mm.
- Activation of the reverse gear lock via cable reel from the shift lever. An accidental changing to the reverse gear is impossible. The reverse gear is unlocked by pulling up the sliding collar on the shift lever.
- Low weight and high stability: the milled and lathed parts consist of 7075 aluminum alloy; the substructures are made out of laser-cut, 3 mm thick AlMg3 aluminum. The parts are combined in the WIG welding process and brushed blank for an optimal finish.
- Problem-free shifting of gears under stress or in curves.
- Integrated center position spring, ensuring perfect feedback when changing columns while shifting up and down.
- Right/left stops and reverse gear stop adjustable separately.
- Complete kit for adaptation to BMW switch rod with all small parts and fastening material.
- Shifters is intended for vehicles without interior equipment or without a center console.
- Optionally available in all black anodized. You can choose anodized aluminum gear lever knob in the following colors: titanium grey, blue, red, silver or orange; or in Plastic (POM) white or black silver or orange.
Beware of imitations. There are several other similar shifters on the market that have attempted to copy the CAE, none have been able to duplicate the quality and feel of the original. We’ve had several of these “copies” come through our shop and they each have had excessive play, loose tolerances, weak material, or simply lacked the features found in the CAE.
To complement the CAE Ultra Shifter for your BMW, we also carry the CAE adjustable selector rod (DSSR) for both 5 & 6 speed transmissions (choose the version within the range of your stock selector rod).