These wheels start as a cylinder of extruded aluminum that is forged by a die under 10,000 tons of pressure. This extreme pressure increases the strength of the material by eliminating porosity and improving the grain structure within the aluminum. It creates the perfect blank canvas to start from for our ultimate wheels.
Apex conducted extensive Finite Element Analysis to reinforce high stress areas and to remove material where it didn’t improve strength. The end result is a fully forged wheel with an ideal balance of strength and weight.
To reduce unwanted tire spin as much as possible, Apex protected the knurling from paint to keep them sharp.
- Split spoke design – superior strength and reduced weight
- Up to 1,000 pounds of extra load capacity per vehicle compared to Apex’s flow formed line
- Excellent clearance for aftermarket big brake kits
- Accepts OEM BMW center caps
- Accepts factory lugs, wheel locks, or stud conversions
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) compatible – not included
APEX wheels get officially tested and registered by the VIA in Japan. Japan’s JWL is a standard for wheel load ratings. Apex’s new forged wheels exceed those ratings by almost 20%.
- 17×8.5ET35: 16.7lbs
- 17x9ET30: 17.5lbs
- 17x9ET42: 17.3lbs
- 17×9.5ET35: 17.85lbs
Priced per wheel (individually).